Wirecast: Live Video Production & Streaming
Share your story. Grow your audience. Build your community. No matter the scale of your production, whether you are streaming from your home office or from the main stage of a sold-out music festival, Wirecast lets you share your passions with the world – live.
“Wirecast enabled us to deliver our Infield Party live stream with the high production standards our viewers have come to expect from FOX Sports. Operationally, it allowed our relatively small, four-person crew to handle all aspects of the live production, and streamlined our production costs.” – Daniela Mayock, Live/Technical Director, FOX Sports
Introducing Telestream Wirecast 14
Wirecast 14 is here! This is an epic release with a LOT of stability and reliability improvements. Additionally, we have several new features including an all new Chroma Key with added Luma Key and Colour Key options.
We’ve also focused on improving the experience of doing remote guest interviews by improving Rendezvous’ stability as well as adding more flexibility for what displays if your guest gets disconnected.
Here’s what to expect in Telestream Wirecast 14:
- All new Chroma Key (with special guests Luma Key and Colour Key)
- New options for more accurate keying, including spill suppression, edge colouring, and clipping ranges. Plus a Luma Key (useful if you have a logo with a white or black background you wish to remove), and Colour key (useful for images (logos) that have non-black and non-white backgrounds).
- Better, more reliable incoming video source connections
- Improved reliability for Wirecast Go, Rendezvous and web stream sources, plus efficiency improvements with GPU decoding for NDI sources
- Text and font improvements
- Smoother text scrolling and a new font picker to select font variants
- More options when sources get disconnected
- When a source gets disconnected, you can now choose to replace it with transparency or a custom image
- Improved ability to size and scale sources
- We’ve added new options for sizing and scaling sources, making it easier to precisely size your videos and images on the canvas. Plus, incoming sources are now scaled automatically, and will maintain their size based on settings you choose.
- Latency and syncing improvements
- We’ve made improvements to – and we’ve also given you more control over – the way incoming audio and video are synced together, ensuring more accurate lip-sync.
- Updated technologies
- Updated to NDI 4.5, ported OpenGL to Metal on macOS, updated web stream plugin (libVLC), for improved connectivity and efficiency
- Better notifications and stats
- The status bar is now moved to the bottom of the screen, giving more space to show System CPU and App CPU, as well as other streaming stats.
- Plus hundreds of additional bug fixes and improvements!
Download Wirecast 14 – Release Notes
Your studio has been waiting for Wirecast. Just plug in your cameras and microphones, and bring in your videos and graphics. Wirecast can handle it all.
Unlimited Sources Cameras, microphones, webcams, IP cams, or use our free wireless camera app for iOS. See a full list of compatible devices. Desktop, NDI & Web Capture Capture a variety of IP sources or anything on your computer screen or other computers. Automatically detect NDI and Syphon sources. Built-in web-browser can display live web pages. Professional Audio Multi-channel audio ingest, support for ASIO, WASAPI and CoreAudio compatible devices. Mix up to 8 independent audio tracks, and add FX and processing. Controllers Use Elgato Stream Deck with Wirecast with our new plugin. And check out the X-keys controller for Wirecast Mac or Windows. See a full list of devices. Conferencing & Remote Production Rendezvous peer-to-peer conferencing comes built-in to Wirecast. Send guests a link to join your live broadcast.
Make your streams look like TV. Our professional production features and intuitive and flexible UI make your broadcast look exactly how you’ve always imagined.
Stock Media Library Access to over 500,000 unique media assets directly in Wirecast. The Stock Media Library has videos, music, lower thirds, backgrounds and more. Included with an active support subscription. Replay, Scoreboards, Clocks & Timers Great for sports producers. Wirecast has professional features let your live viewers follow the action in the moment, and never miss an important play. Social Media Comments Built in Twitter comment curation and display. Display Facebook comments in animated titles using NewBlue Titler Live Express or NewBlue Titler Live Social. Beautiful Graphics & Animated Titles Over 100 built-in graphics and titles. NewBlue Titler Live, included free, is the best way to display animated graphics and titles with Wirecast. Chroma Key, QR Codes and Playlists Packed full of features to make every broadcast as professional as you need it to be
Really, really, ridiculously good live encoding. Stream to wherever your audience is, knowing that Wirecast’s encoding will make your video look as good as the production you’re putting on.
Unlimited Destinations Stream to Facebook Live, Twitter, YouTube , Vimeo Live, or ANY RTMP destination. Stream to more than one at a time. Stream & Record Stream and record at the same time. Great for archiving or off-line editing, record MP4 or MOV files to any drive. Restream and Live Captions Improve accessibility for the deaf and hard-of-hearing with live captions and save bandwidth and processing power in the bargain. Try the new Wirecast web services Restream and Live Captions. Multiviewer Send single sources, all the way up to a 17 source grid, out per attached monitor. Great for confidence monitoring and a quick look at all your sources! ISO recording Archive each live video input to a clean, unmodified file, separate from your composited program recording. Great for post-production workflows, and each ISO can be used as a live instant replay source!
Which Version Is For You?
Wirecast Studio: Learn more about Wirecast Studio Enhanced live production & streaming
Wirecast studio is the perfect all around streaming tool. With unlimited inputs, unlimited destinations, 2 simultaneous video conferencing guests with Wirecast Rendezvous and an integrated Stock Media Library, there is no better way to produce your live videos. Who is Wirecast Studio for? Church services, corporate communications, online learning, news broadcasting, live events broadcasting…the list goes on. No matter the content you are producing, if you are looking for dynamic, polished and professional live streams, Wirecast Studio is for you. Includes all features of Wirecast One, plus:Unlimited Capture
- Unlimited live video inputs
- USB, Capture Card, NDI, iOS, IP and web stream sources.
- 2 remote guests via Wirecast Rendezvous conferencing
- 5 Master Mixing layers
- Custom transitions, playlists
- Advanced audio mixer
- Social media integration
- Facebook polling, live viewer counts, integrated Twitter and RSS feed display.
- Integrated Stock Media Library
- Included with an active support subscription. Access to 500,000+ unique royalty free videos, music, lower thirds, backgrounds and more.
- NewBlue Titler Live Express animated titles and graphics (US$149 Value for Free)
- Facebook Live comments, 90 Templates, 48 Transitions and Titles.
Unlimited Destination Outputs
- Unlimited output destinations + multiple simultaneous record-to-disks
- Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Periscope, RTMP, etc.
- 1-4 slot multi-viewer output
- Free email support & upgrades for a year with Standard Support.
- < 8 business hour response time, free software upgrades, and email support.
Wirecast Pro: Advanced live production & streaming
Wirecast Pro is the top of the line Wirecast offering. Designed with the most dedicated streamers in mind, Pro has all the features of Studio plus expanded inputs and audio capabilities, 7 simultaneous Wirecast Rendezvous guests, 3D virtual sets, PTZ camera control and much more. Who is Wirecast Pro for? If you want the best of the best, and have all the top tech already, Wirecast Pro is for you. From local sports games to worldwide, full production broadcasts, Wirecast Pro is the perfect partner for producing the best live streams around. Includes all features of Wirecast Studio, plus:Advanced Unlimited Capture
- 7 remote guests via Wirecast Rendezvous conferencing
- PTZ Camera Control
- Pro Audio FX
- Sports Production (instant replay, scoreboards)
- Virtual Sets and backgrounds
- NewBlue Titler Live Present animated titles and graphics (US$299 Value for Free)
- Organise Your Information: Drive your production from single spreadsheet file with automated graphics creation.
- Over 250 Templates: High-quality, customisable main title, lower third and bug templates.
- Web Connected Graphics: Generate graphics from a web connected data sources including text files.
Advanced Unlimited Destination Outputs
- Adds baseband SDI/HDMI output, NDI program out
- 1-17 slot multi-viewer output
- ISO Record of individual sources
- Multi-track audio recording
- Free email support & upgrades for a year with Standard Support.
Tech Specs & System Requirements
More Wirecast Options