ProgDVB/ProgTV is another universal and powerful software for watching digital TV and listening to online radio channels.
ProgDVB is formed by two independent user interfaces that work together to offer you easy access to all the options.
ProgDVB is designed for remote control (HTPC) but also offers you the same functions if used with a mouse.
This powerful program has support for various types of data sources :
- Internet Tv and Radio – 8000 channels in the list
- DVB-S (satellite), DVB-S2, DVB-C (cable), DVB-T, DVB-T2, ATSC, ISDB-T
- Kartina TV, Rodina TV, OTT Club, Shura TV, Sovok TV
- Playback from a file
Key features include:
- High Definition TV support including H.264/AVC
- Picture-in-picture support
- Mosaic fast channels preview
- Support for the majority of DVB, ISDB-T and ATSC devices including DiSEqC and CAM interfaces support
- 10 Bands equalizer
- TV and Radio channels recording
- Network broadcasting
- Support for VR, VMR7, VMR9 and EVR renderers including OSD (except VR) independently from channel type or signal presence
⇒ Download ProgDVB/ProgTV
In this article, we explored some of the best options for watching TV comfortably using your own PC with Windows 10 operating system.
The options presented in this post cover both the needs of users who need a simple and fast way to set up IPTV, as well as the needs of users who want to add a bit more customization power to their experience.
Remember to protect your privacy while watching your favorite shows with the best VPNs on the market.
Moreover, there are a lot of great tools that will enhance your IPTV experience. We recommended the best products throughout the article.
Let us know what you chose from this list in the comment section below, and don’t forget to tell us if we missed anything!
FAQ: Learn more about IPTV software
It highly depends on the IPTV source you’re relying on. While there are many legit IPTV providers, most of them (especially those who promise “free IPTV”) offer you access to content illegally.
- What IPTV software is best for PC?
While you can easily achieve satisfactory results with all of the programs we’ve included on our list, we believe that MyIpTV is currently the best IPTV software solution on the market.
- Do I need special hardware for IPTV?
If you plan on enjoying IPTV on your computer, then no. Usually, watching TV on your PC requires a TV tuner, but IPTV doesn’t require special equipment since it delivers content directly over IP, as its name clearly indicates.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in November 2017 and has been since revamped and updated in April 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.