endnote product key Archives
- Log into the UWA software download site with your Pheme password.
- Choose EndNote from the list of available programs.
- Read the introductory notes and click NEXT.
- Read the license agreement and click ACCEPT.
- On the EndNote Download page select your operating system (WIN-X9)
Note: version X9 is currently loaded on all student PCs.
- Make a new folder on the computer where you want to install the program and call it EndNote_X9 or similar.
- Download the .MSI and .DAT files (ENX9Inst.msi and the License.dat file) to the new folder. Both files must be in the same folder, otherwise you’ll be prompted to enter a product key.
- Double click on ENX9Inst.msi to begin the installation, then follow the on-screen instructions.
- After the program is installed, you should check for the latest updates. Go to the Help menu in EndNote and click on Check for Updates.
Support files: optional installation
During the EndNote installation process you will be asked to choose either a TYPICAL or CUSTOM INSTALLATION TYPE. There are thousands of style, filter and connection files available but if you chose TYPICAL, the 100 of each type of file deemed most popular by EndNote will be installed.
The 100 most popular filters do not include all those required for some UWA databases and the styles may not include all those you might need to use. Follow these instructions if you wish to install the full set of support files.
Note: EndNote support files are compatible with both Windows and Mac
- During the installation process, choose Custom when asked to SELECT INSTALLATION TYPE.
- Allow all defaults except when asked to Select Features. At this point take the following actions to allow all Connections, Filters and Styles to be installed.
- Click on the plus sign next Additional Connections and select the Entire feature will be installed on local hard drive option.
- Repeat for FILTERS and STYLES. Click Next when all the options have been selected and complete the installation.
- After installation, open the zipped file of UWA styles and drag and drop the style files into your EndNote Styles folder.
- From time to time check the EndNote guide for style updates, times of training sessions and other information.
The disadvantage of installing the full set of support files is that EndNote Libraries may be a little slower to open if you do this.
Other methods you could use include:
- Install the program using the TYPICAL option and change to a full set of files later (on a PC this is done through Control Panel Change/Repair Program).
- Install EndNote using the TYPICAL option and download additional files from the EndNote website as required.
Install the full set of files initially and when you have gained experience with EndNote, move the files you do not require to separate folders giving them another name such as Other Styles or Other Filters.
Make sure you have downloaded the license file (License.dat) and that the license is in the same folder as the installation files (ENX9Inst.msi) before starting to install EndNote.
, endnote product key Archives
endnote product key Archives
Q. I get asked for a product key when I download EndNote.
A product key is not required when you download EndNote from the Library website.
To install EndNote correctly you will need to extract all the files fromthe zipped folderto access the installation file (ENX9Inst.msi) then repeat the steps to install.
Right mouse click on the zipped folder and select Extract All… or double click on the folder and look for an Extract All option at the top of the page, then follow the on screen prompts to complete the installation process.
If you are unable to locate the zipped folder or it does not work, visit the Downloads page and repeat the installation process:
- Login to the secure downloads area.
- Enter your WesternAccount details (ID number and Western password).
- Click on EndNote X9 – Windows OS.
- Select the option to Save. If you do not receive this prompt, the zipped folder may have automatically downloaded into your browser. To view the EndNote zipped folder, open File Explorer by clicking on the File Explorer icon in your taskbar then select Downloads on the left.
- Right click on the folder and select Extract All…
- At the Select a Destination and Extract Files pop up window, choose Extract.
- Once the extraction process is complete, a pop window will appear displaying the Windows installer and DAT files. Double click on the installer package which will appear as a ENX9Inst or ENX9Inst.msi.
- Windows will commence installing EndNote X9 to your computer.
Q. How do I find the EndNote product key?
The product key should load automatically once you load the files. If asked for a product key you will need to reinstall and ensure all files have been extracted or unzipped.
To download files please check the hardware requirements for your computer then click on the appropriate file.
- EndNote X6 for PC: If you are loading X6 for PC you will need to upzip the files into a new folder on your hard drive then load the software from the new folder (this is very important or the product key will not load).
- EndNote X7 for PC: If you are loading X7 for PC you will need to download both the installation and product key files into a folder, then run the installation file to install it. You don't need to open the other file.
- EndNote X6 or X7 for MAC: You will only need to download and run the one file.
If you are running Word 2013 for PC you will need to download EndNote X7.
Note: Firefox can sometimes add a .doc extension to the downloaded file. We recommend that you use Internet Explorer or Chrome to download these files.
More information is available on the UC Library EndNote Guide.
What’s New in the endnote product key Archives?
System Requirements for Endnote product key Archives