Audible For PC Archives
up to 95% off.
NO SUBSCRIPTION FEES
Chirp is a free audiobook service that brings you amazing limited-time deals on popular audiobooks, including New York Times bestsellers.
Spend less, listen more.
Listen to Chirp audiobooks on your phone, tablet, or computer. Stream your audiobook via the Chirp app or site, or download it in the app for offline listening on your Apple iPhone, Android phone, or other device. You can switch between devices so you can keep listening whether you’re cooking, commuting, exercising, or just relaxing.
Wondering how Chirp is different from sites like Audible, Scribd, and other subscription services? While a subscription service may be right for some, other listeners may not want to be locked into a monthly commitment, or to deal with managing a credit system. Instead, Chirp offers daily deals on hundreds of books, plus great values on all of the bestsellers you love. Buy only what you want - and the audiobooks are yours to keep.
WHAT OUR MEMBERS ARE SAYING
"Such a wonderful selection! Easy and quick buying process. What's not to love!"
"It's an awesome way to discover new narrators! Love it!"
"The Chirp app has been a great discovery. The opportunity to purchase affordable audio books has transformed my morning commute."
Let's get started!
What genres do you enjoy?
, Audible For PC Archives
Audible For PC Archives
eBooks, eNewspapers, eMagazines and eAudio
We offer a range of eBooks, eAudio books, eNewspapers and eMagazines that library members can download free of charge, with no reservation or overdue charges. All you need is a library card. Read or listen on your computer, smartphone, tablet or eBook reader.
eBooks and eAudio books from OverDrive
Search the Norfolk OverDrive website
- Sign in with your library card number and PIN
- Borrow up to six titles for three weeks
- OverDrive is compatible with most devices including Kindle Fire tablets (but not Kindle eReaders)
- You can borrow items on your mobile device (iOS 9.0 or later, Android 5.0 or later, and Windows 10) by downloading the new Libby App
- If you have an older device you can download the OverDrive app from your App store
Visit the OverDrive help pages for answers to technical problems, including a list of compatible devices, or fill out their online form.
For help with the Libby App visit the Libby Help website.
eNewspapers and eMagazines from PressReader
Sign up for free PressReader access
- Access thousands of newspapers and magazines online (UK and worldwide coverage)
- Sign up for free with your library card and PIN Library card user guide
- Sign up and access on the web or download the app for tablets and mobiles from your app store
- Read online or download newspapers and magazines to your mobile device to read anytime
- You can increase text size, translate into 17 languages or listen with the read aloud function
Please note: free access is only available when signing up with your library card and pin number. Signing in with a social media account will result in being charged for using this service.
For user guides, tutorials and help with any technical queries visit the PressReader help centre.
eAudio books and eMagazines from RBdigital
Search the Norfolk RBdigital website
- We have an additional collection of eAudio books available from RBdigital and a great selection of eMagazines
- Register with your library card number on the RBdigital website
- Check out an unlimited number of magazines. Read online or download checked out issues to your mobile device to read anytime
- Borrow up to six eAudio books for up to three weeks. Available in an MP3 format, so you can listen through your computer, phone, tablet or MP3 player
- To borrow eAudio and eMagazines on your mobile device download the RBdigital App from your device's App store
For user guides, tutorials and help with any technical queries, visit the RBdigital support page.
eAudio Books from uLIBRARY (until 31 July)
A big thank you to Ulverscroft for providing library members free access to their eAudio uLibrary while libraries in the UK have been closed. This offer comes to an end on 31 July. Customers won’t lose any titles they are currently listening to. These will remain active until the loan period expires or until you have returned the title.
uLIBRARY allows users to take that book you keep hearing about with you wherever you go. With a great selection of bestselling authors that include Lee Child, Ann Cleeves and James Patterson you can download and listen to professionally recorded audiobooks, brought to life by some of the world’s best performers. Boasting titles suited for everyone’s tastes - from “sleep with the lights on” thrillers to sweeping family sagas you’ll be sure to find something to listen to. Best of all, there’s no reason to panic about late fees. With uLIBRARY the titles return automatically - allowing you to move onto your next listen with ease.
Freegal allows downloading and streaming of music. Login using your Library card number and PIN.
Pass your theory test first time! Includes (licensed from the DSA), the full bank of official questions, Highway Code and hazard perception clips.
GoCitizen is an online study resource licensed from the Home Office for anyone preparing for the Life in the UK test.
A great resource to discover new authors!
A range of digital magazines available for free. Register via the mobile app [RBdigital app] using your Library card number and PIN. Or you can register via the webpage.
Oxford Reference online. Login with your Library Card number
Oxford English Dictionary. Login with your Library Card number.
Oxford Dictionaries (English and Spanish). Login with your Library Card number.
Oxford Dictionary of National Biography. Login with your Library Card number
Who's Who and Who was Who. Login with your Library Card number
Very Short Introductions. Login with your Library Card number.
American National Biography Online. Login with your card number
An encyclopedia designed for children aged 5-11 years. Britannica Junior has accessible information on a wide range of topics and includes pictures and sound. Articles can be printed out to help with homework projects.
A reference designed for secondary school students, but useful for everyone. Provides access to more than 15,000 encyclopedia articles that are lively and fun to read.
Gives a wide range of information from a reliable and authoritative source. The in-depth coverage provides the full text of over 75,000 articles and news headlines. Vivid graphics and sound bring many of the articles to life.
Only available when using a Dudley Libraries/Archives PC. Explore over 200 years of history! Important: all users must register on the site. Click on the 'register button' at the top of the main page and enter your details to unlock access to the full site. You will also be able to save your searches and bookmark pages.
Login with your Library card. First published in 1785, The Times of London is the oldest daily newspaper in continuous publication and widely considered to be the world's 'newspaper of record'. The Times Digital Archive is an online full-text facsimile of more than 200 years of The Times, detailing every complete page of every issue from 1785 onwards.
- - Access to this resource has been temporarily expanded to library cardholders working remotely, courtesy of ProQuest and its partner Ancestry.
- In order to access this you will need to (1) login to your Library account. (2) Click the ancestry link shown just above 'your loans'
- - Contains the most comprehensive collection of UK, US and international historical records available in one database.
- - Most comprehensive online genealogical database available.
- - Over 4 billion names in over 4000 collections.
Our webpage with information about access to research journals, including patents,and legal opinions..
What’s New in the Audible For PC Archives?
System Requirements for Audible For PC Archives